Trek Fuel EX is a full-suspension 29er trail bike with a 140mm front suspension and a 130mm rear suspension, whereas, Trek Top Fuel is a 29er or 27.5-inch full-suspension cross-country bike with a 120mm front and rear suspension.
The lightweight material is used to construct both the Trek top fuel and Trek fuel ex bikes. The Fuel EX has an aluminum frame and an alloy fork, while the top fuel has a carbon fiber fork and an aluminum frame.
The Trek Fuel EX is considered a fantastic all-rounder as it can handle tough and rough terrain while being light. Whereas, high-end mountain bikes like the Trek Top Fuel are made for serious riders who need maximum performance. Trek Fuel EX vs Top Fuel offers some similarities and differences as well, let us discuss their different features.
Comparison Between Trek Fuel EX vs Top Fuel
Here we will explain a comparison of Trek Fuel EX vs Top Fuel. Keep reading, please.
TREK FUEL EX
Trek’s Fuel EX trail mountain bike has full suspension which is made to handle any trail.
- It promises a quick speed and is simpler to handle on difficult trails as a result.
- Fuel EX comes with 29-inch (29er) to accommodate all heights and 27.5-inch wheel sizes. the tall riders can choose a 29-inch option, while shorter women riders can choose the 27.5-inch option.
- Trek Fuel EX front and rear suspensions both measure 140 millimeters, which is sufficient for most trails and also provides the same level of comfort and bump-cushioning.
- Overall, the Trek Fuel EX is ideal for anyone looking for a multifunctional and all-purpose mountain bike.
TREK TOP FUEL
Trek Top Fuel is a 29er cross country mountain bike that is ideal for cross-country racing and enjoyable trail riding.
- It sports 120mm suspension up front for a smoother and more secure ride, plus 120mm rear suspension.
- Like the Fuel EX, this bike’s suspension promises self-adjustment geometry and secure braking.
What are The Similarities between Trek Fuel EX vs Top Fuel?
Here are some similar traits shared by the two categories;
Both bikes use Active Braking Pivot (ABP) and Mono Link suspension systems. During Mino Link supports geometry modification while driving, ABP fosters confident braking.
Frame: Both bikes use OCLV carbon for their high-end models and Alpha aluminum for their midrange models.
Sizes – Both bike families are available in the following frame sizes:
- Rider’s height: 137–155 cm (Extra small)
- 153 to 166.5 cm for small riders
- For Medium riders height161–172 cm
- Medium/Large riders height165.5-179 cm
- Extra-large rider height: 177–188 cm
- Rider’s Height: 186-196 cm (Extra Large)
Weight Capacity: These two bikes Trek Fuel EX and Trek Top Fuel have a 300-pound weight restriction. They are therefore equally powerful and ideal for heavyweight men.
What are The Differences Between Trek Fuel EX vs Top Fuel?
When selecting a bike, geometry is one of the most crucial factors to take into account, that is why the Top Fuel boasts more progressive geometry than the Fuel EX.
- Fuel EX is less efficient than Top Fuel because of its balance trail geometry.
- Due to its increased versatility and suitability for a wider range of riding styles, Trek Top Fuel is better suited for downhill riding and racing than the Fuel EX.
- Along with having a larger wheelbase and a lower bottom bracket, the Top Fuel is more stable at offering high speeds and is simple to operate in terms of manuals and rollers.
- In addition, the Top Fuel has a superior suspension system than the Fuel EX, which enables it to handle tough terrain and take more hits.
As Fuel EX has both 29-inch and 27.5-inch wheel configurations, Top Fuel is a 29-er mountain bike. The main contrast is that 27.5-inch shoes fit both taller and shorter men, whereas 29ers primarily favor taller men.
As a result, Trek Fuel EX is more likely to fit you correctly as compared to Trek Top Fuel. The benefit of Top Fuel, though, is that you may order a bike that is specifically tailored for your body type.
The Top Fuel and the Fuel EX are the two main fork styles that you will typically encounter on mountain bikes. Both of these forks are perfect for various types of riding due to their features and advantages.
- Top Fuel forks have a sturdier structure that can withstand heavy blows and tough terrain and they are made for aggressive riding as well. They are better suited for downhill and freeride riding because of their shorter travel distance.
- On the other side, Fuel EX forks have a softer build that offers a more comfortable ride and are made for cross-country riding. They are more suited for long-distance riding because they can travel farther.
- A Top Fuel fork is the best option for a bike that can take hard falls and challenging terrain. A Fuel EX fork is a superior option for a bike that offers a more pleasant ride.
Fuel EX and Top Fuel of the same vintage and size differ by at least 2-4 pounds. For instance, Top Fuel 9.9 XXL weighs 26.13 pounds, compared to 28.15 pounds for Fuel EX 9.9 X01 AXS.
Given that Top Fuel is a cross-country racer and Fuel EX is a trail bike, this makes Top Fuel lighter than Fuel EX.
Top Fuel crosses Fuel EX in terms of speed because it is the lighter of the two and utilizes Anti-Squat technology and this effectively explains why Top Fuel is a cross-country bike since it is quick and well-suited for cross-country riding.
Fuel EX is an all-terrain trail bike, therefore it may be used for racing, although it cannot travel as quickly as Top Fuel.
|Trek Fuel EX
|Trek Top Fuel
|Cross country bike
|140mm front, 130mm rear
|120mm front, 120 mm rear
|27.5 and 29-inch
|Heavier in weight
|Lighter in weight
|Have a slow speed
|Have high speed
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is there any difference between Trek Fuel EX and Trek Top Fuel?
Yes, both of the bikes differ in the following categories
- Wheel size
What are the similarities between Trek Fuel EX and Trek Top Fuel?
Both of the bikes show some kind of similarities, such as;
- Suspension system
- Bike size
Which bike offers a better wheel size?
Trek Fuel EX is more likely to fit you correctly as compared to Trek Top Fuel. Fuel EX has both 29-inch and 27.5-inch wheel configurations, whereas, Top Fuel is a 29-er mountain bike.
What is a Trek Fuel EX?
Trek’s Fuel EX trail mountain bike promises a quick speed and is simpler to handle on difficult trails as a result of full suspension which is made to handle any trail.
What is a Trek Top Fuel?
Trek Top Fuel is a 29er cross country mountain bike that sports 120mm suspension up front for a smoother and more secure ride, plus 120mm rear suspension that is ideal for cross country racing and enjoyable trail riding.
Trek Fuel EX vs Top Fuel are developed for different types of mountain biking. Trek Top Fuel is more suited for cross-country mountain biking and Fuel Ex is considered more suitable for trail mountain riding.
The features of both bikes offer some similarities, but Trek Top Fuel includes some extra features than Trek Fuel Ex as they are race-oriented, making it more suitable for competition.
Trek Fuel Ex is the best option if you are looking for a bike to ride on the trails.